Tuesday 25 June 2013

Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7) by Karina Halle




It’s one thing to bring the woman you love back into your life. It’s another to try and keep her there. For Dex Foray, con­vinc­ing Perry Palomino to open her­self to their bur­geon­ing rela­tion­ship has been more chal­leng­ing than hunt­ing ghosts, bat­tling demons and stalk­ing Sasquatch com­bined. 

Add in the fact that the only way they can keep their Exper­i­ment in Ter­ror show run­ning is to take on a third part­ner in the form of the mys­te­ri­ous Max­imus Jacobs — all while inves­ti­gat­ing a sin­is­ter voodoo sect in New Orleans — and you’ve got the per­fect South­ern storm and a recipe for dis­as­ter.

 Luck­ily, Dex has never been one to back down, even when his life –and heart — are on the line.

Come Alive is told from Dex’s POV.

  • Genre: Horror, Supernatural, Mystery, Paranormal Romance
  • Creatures:  ghosts, voodoo, zombies
  • Age:  new adult / adult
  • Source: owned ebook
  • Read from June 23 to 25, 2013

FINAL RATING: ★★★★★/★★★★★



"You are my world. And all I’ve ever wanted is for me to be yours."
This one deserves 5 pure stars from me! Not only it was awesome, but it was fantastic as always. What i really loved it that in this book, it was finally happening what we all wanted from the start: Dex and Perry in relationship! And yes, it was hot, funny, heartbreaking and fabulous. I love both Dex and Perry and i seriously don't know what i will do when this series gets completed. Wait, i know! I will reread them again! That is how awesome they truly are.

“I’ll be the moon when the sun goes down,” I sang to her and only her, “just to let you know that I’ll be around.”

This time Karina Halle delivered extremely serious explanations about world and characters and we find more about the consequences of certain events. And it's not a pretty thing. But what she told us is that love can beat it all, if you find a person who loves you truly. I know it sounds weird, but i grew up in a family where there is true love, and my parents are the best functional couple that i have ever seen. Which is why i am saying this: love is truly a wonderful thing. And it was about time Dex and Perry realized that.

'"Don't let other people tell you how well you know someone," she added. "Don't let other people, no matter who they are, decide what happens to your life and hers. You will live a lifetime of regret if you let others influence your decisions. Believe me."'

STORY

Soooooooo, what do we have here?
Functional relationship between Perry and Dex? ☑



Another creepy scary EIT book? ☑



Ghost in the mirror? ☑



Voodoo? ☑



Zombies? ☑



Haunted house? ☑



Extreme excitement? ☑



The sound of your heart breaking? ☑



Thrilling continuation? ☑



Dex's awesomeness? ☑



Do want? ☑



 
WHAT THIS BOOK IS REALLY ABOUT:









CONCLUSION:



CHARACTERS

Dex is the narrator this time, and it was so fitting for this sequel. Dex finally won Perry back, and he is not letting her go. No matter what. He found out that she is the only person who loves him for being him and for understanding him when no one else did and he cannot let that go. And now, he tries to make it the best he can for Perry, and for himself.

Together. It should have made me feel better not to have to go alone. But all I wanted was for both of us to live. With each other. Until we were old and grey.
************************
I realized it didn’t mean anything without Perry by my side. She was my reason for living. She was the reason I’d come alive in the first place.

Perry, of course, is fantastic character as always, kickass, wonderful and fabulous, with such a courage. I loved that she didn't stop being herself. But it takes time for her to recover from all they had been through, and now it makes it difficult for her say what Dex needs the most: "i love you".

"You are my future, you are my everything!

Maximus is the new addition to EIT team, but that doesn't mean Dex and Perry like it. They would rather kick his ass then allow him to be with them, but they have no other choice if they want EIT to continue running. I have to say that i actually pitied and liked the bastard in some parts, but that doesn't make difference, because he, after all, made irreparable damage to both of them. And Dex and Perry cannot easily forgive him for all he had put them through. Other than that, i am glad that my hunch about him was right and that in the end was who i thought he was, and it made me happy. Since now i finally understand him.

The new characters were interesting, but not really of matter, but with all voodoo around and mysterious zombies rising to surface, i doubted everyone.

And Jennifer:



My favorite part:

“Fine, you leave me no choice,” I said to no one in particular. I moved into the aisle seat and kept going. I plunked myself down right on the giant ginger’s lap.
“The hell are you doing?” he yelled, trying to get me off of him, but I just pressed myself down into him harder, one leg wedged against the seat in front of me, the other pushing off the aisle seat arm rest.
The passengers in the aisle shot us uncomfortable looks, as if Maximus and I were involved in some lazy, clothed version of the mile high club.
“Dex, get the hell off me,” Maximus grunted in my ear.
“Oh yeah, you like that don’t you, baby,” I said with a grin. I knew his Southern sensibilities were being tested; poor guy couldn’t handle anything even remotely homoerotic.

Oh Dex.... ^_^

OVERALL


Fantastic sequel with wonderful ending (for change) and i loved all everything about it. The mystery, the horror and most of all - love between Dex and Perry. They deserved it, but Karina Halle apparently doesn't plan to give them a little break. :)

But Dex and Perry won't give up that easily.


BUDDY READ DETAILS:


Buddy read with all friends who love Dex as much as i do (click the names for their reviews!) :P This group was the original group i had buddy read with (all the people i love ♥):

Georgia VildaDebraJoanaDestini

But lets not forget all my friends who read it in the same time too :D
Fathima Catarina Ana RitaDuchess NicoleShreyaAshleigh keighley☆Sammy☆
(wow that was a gigantic buddy read O_O)

Love ya all!

MY REVIEW ON GOODREADS

You can also check out my wonderful co-blogger's review:

Georgia's Review

 


2 comments:

  1. What to say more about your review Kris? Is just fantastic!
    I love all the pics (deximia all the way,aha), gifs and quotes! Just awesome bestie!

    Oh and I had a blast with this bd read too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx lovely :P
      haahahha, because we all have Deximia :D how could we not :D

      yeah, we certainly did have a blast! :D Thanx for being with us! :D

      Delete