Saturday 20 April 2013

Find You in the Dark (Find You in the Dark #1) by A. Meredith Walters

 

Maggie Young had the market on normal. Normal friends, normal parents, normal grades...normal life. 

Until him.
Clayton Reed was running from his past and an army of personal demons that threatened to take him down. He never thought he had a chance at happiness.

Until her.
Maggie thought their love could overcome anything. Clay thought she was all he needed to fix his messy life.
That together, they could face the world.
But the darkness is always waiting. 

Sometimes the greatest obstacle to true love is within yourself.


  • Genre: Contemporary romance, Dark, Drama
  • Age: new adult / high school
  • Source: owned ebook 
  • Read from April 14 to 15, 2013

FINAL RATING: ★★★★★/★★★★★

★★★★★ Darkness & Freedom ★★★★★
♪♫ Hello darkness, my old friend,
I've come to talk with you again♪♫

There are many kinds of darkness and many kinds of bonds. The worst are the absence of light in a soul and the restrictions we alone inflict upon us. We are our own worst enemies and we abuse ourselves. It takes more than guts to break what holds you back. To see the fault in you. To ask for help. And stop saying I'm sorry.

Sometimes “sorry” is not enough. Sometimes you actually have to change. 
  
 
Maggie Young is a normal 17-year old girl. An average student with friends, family and dreams that every teenager has. Her world will change forever when it collides with Clayton "Clay" Reed. And they fall irrevocably in love...




Clay is anything but normal. A dead 17-years old, deep in his soul. Damaged, alone, despaired. Beyond repair? Maggie will fight heaven and hell to prove that there is nothing irredeemable in him. To love him forever, as he will always love her. Possessively and insanely. Beautiful.

“When you're in a room, Maggie, all I see is you. You make everything better. Clearer. You stop the crazy noise in my head. I can think, hell, I can breathe when we're together What you make me feel is the most unbelievable and scary thing I've ever felt.”

 Sometimes, though, love is just not enough and you have to set the other free and wait, praying that he/she will come back. Stronger and larger than life.


I can't stretch enough the sheer amount of feelings and beauty I went through reading this story. How much drawn I was to these kids. I rooted for them, I cried and crumbled along them. And I despaired at the injustice they had to face...
This book deals with a really serious and sensitive matter, in the most respectful way. With tenderness and care, treating it like the fragile wings of a butterfly that Clay is enjoying to draw, because he yearns to fly, leaving his failing mind behind and be finally free.

“Just wanted to know how it felt to fly.”

“Because you make me feel free.”



 By the end I was left a sobbing mess trying and failing to mend the piece of my broken heart, just like the shattered dreams of Maggie and Clay's...

"You deserve so much more than me. You always have. I hope you do find what you deserve one day."

WARNING: Do NOT start this book without having the next already loaded in you reading device!

But I urge you... Read this story and find an once-in-a-lifetime kind of love.





MY REVIEW ON GOODREADS


You can also check out my wonderful co-blogger's review:

Kristalia's Review

 

No comments:

Post a Comment