Saturday 6 April 2013

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley



Senior year is over, and Lucy has the perfect way to celebrate: tonight, she's going to find Shadow, the mysterious graffiti artist whose work appears all over the city. 

He's out there somewhere—spraying color, spraying birds and blue sky on the night—and Lucy knows a guy who paints like Shadow is someone she could fall for. Really fall for. 

Instead, Lucy's stuck at a party with Ed, the guy she's managed to avoid since the most awkward date of her life. But when Ed tells her he knows where to find Shadow, they're suddenly on an all-night search around the city.

 And what Lucy can't see is the one thing that's right before her eyes.

  • Genre: Contemporary romance, Realistic Fiction, Drama, Art, Chick Lit
  • Age: young adult
  • Source: owned ebook 
  • Read from October 03 to 04, 2012

FINAL RATING: ★★★★★/★★★★★


“I guess love's kind of like a marshmallow in a microwave on high. After it explodes it's still a marshmallow. but, you know, now it's a complicated marshmallow.”
By C215
This was such such such sweet romance!! I loved everything about it,especially the writing. Writing is done in two styles, the normal style and poetry style. Every poetry part is from Leo's point of view and i loved it very very much. The couples were sweet and loveable, the pacing was fast, there were many moments that made me chuckle and best of all - i love it to bits.

“I like that about art, that what you see is sometimes more about who you are than what’s on the wall. I look at this painting and think about how everyone has some secret inside, something sleeping like that yellow bird.”

And after reading this book, i fell in love with Australia...You know the feeling when you want to visit places where your favorite actors/singers/fictional characters live? Well this is how i feel about Australia now.

“For a while, for as long as you're looking at it, that painting is the world and you get to be in it.” 

The story is quite simple though - A girl wants to find a mysterious guy who paints graffiti across the town. She is in love with his art, and she thinks that the person doing them must feel that way... But what she doesn't know is that the one she searches for is with her all of the time.... P.s. i loved all bike scenes ♥

“Most times I look at Shadow and Poet's work, I see something different from what the words are telling me. I like that about art, that what you see is sometimes more about who you are than what's on the wall. I look at this painting and think about how everyone has some secret inside, something sleeping like that yellow bird.”

CHARACTERS:


“Open skies painted above painted doorways and painted birds skimming across bricks trying to fly away. Little bird, what are you thinking? You come from a can.”

I loved them all, i wanted to hug them all tell that everything will be alright! i am in love with them all - I loved their relationships, couples, but especially loved Ed and Leo. They were so much fun :D Even the girls,i liked them all.

But i still think, the best part of everything is that Lucy broke Ed's nose for touching her butt. LOL!!!
“I can't believe you're still mad at me," Ed says.
"You grabbed my arse."
"You broke my nose."
"You broke his nose?" Jazz asks. "You grabbed her arse?"
"It was two years ago-"
"Two years, four months, and eight days," I tell him.
"-and I was fifteen, and I slipped and she broke my nose."
"Wait a minute. How do you slip onto someone's arse?"
Jazz asks.
"I meant slipped up. I slipped up and she broke my nose."
"You're lucky that's all I broke," I say.
"You're lucky I didn't call the police."
Leo, Dylan, and Daisy slid into the booth. "Did you guys know that Lucy broke Ed's nose? Jazz asks.
Ed closes his eyes silently and bangs his head on the wall.”

Ed is cool, seriously talented and really smart guy, but he doesn't know it. He painted graffiti to express his feelings.

“I spray the sky fast. Eyes ahead and behind. Looking for cops. Looking for anyone I don't want to be here. Paint sails and the things that kick in my head scream from can to brick. See this, see this. See me emptied onto a wall.”

The same can be said for Leo (aka the Poet), who writes poetry to express what he thinks and what he wants. He is also brave, sometimes even foolish, but i loved him to bits.

“Remember
Love
Lays its fingers on your heart
And holds it
Under water
Remember that
When the next girl smiles”

And lastly Lucy is so focused on searching what she wants that she doesn't see it - she doesn't see Ed who is the person she is looking for...

“Let me meet Poet, too, but mainly Shadow. The guy who paints in the dark. Paints birds trapped on brick walls and people lost in ghost forests. Paints guys with grass growing from their hearts and girls with buzzing lawn mowers. A guy who paints things like that is a guy I could fall for. Really fall for”

Note: The good thing is, it wasn't love triangle.

“I escaped onto the wall, a painted ghost trapped in a jar. I stood back to look at it and I knew the sad thing wasn't that the ghost was running out of air. the sad thing was that he had enough air in that small space to last him a lifetime. What were you thinking, little ghost? Letting yourself get trapped like that?”


OVERALL:

I just loved it. The writing.
The setting. The struggles.
The plot. Craziness.
Recklessness. Romance.
Art. Poetry.
Love. The end. 


MY REVIEW ON GOODREADS 

No comments:

Post a Comment