Saturday 13 April 2013

Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark, #2) by A. Meredith Walters


How do you keep going when you feel like your life is over?

Maggie never thought she’d see Clay again. So, she attempts to put her life back together after her heart has been shattered to pieces. Moving on and moving forward, just as Clay wanted her to.

Clay never stopped thinking of Maggie. Even after ripping their lives apart and leaving her behind to get the help he so desperately needed. He is healing...slowly. But his heart still belongs to the girl who tried to save him.

When a sudden tragedy brings Maggie and Clay face to face again, nothing is the same. Yet some things never change. Can the darkness that threatened to consume them be transformed into something else and finally give them what they always wanted? And can two people who fought so hard to be together, finally find their happiness? Or will their demons and fear drive them apart for good?

The thing about love, is even when it destroys you, it has a way of mending what is broken. And in the shadows, you can still see the light.
  • Genre: Contemporary romance, Dark, Drama
  • Age: new adult / high school
  • Source: owned ebook 
  • Read on April 10 to 13, 2013

FINAL RATING: ★★★★★/★★★★★



Real Love is Forever by *MyLifeThroughTheLens


"The thing about the shadows is that they're not all darkness. You need to have light to have shadows. So just look for it”

Passion by *MyLifeThroughTheLens

One word to say about this series: Wonderful. And to add more words: heartbreaking, powerful, lovely, cute, dark, fascinating, feelings crusher, and so much more. And Light in the shadows is a fascinating and beautiful sequel to Find you in the Dark. And it's definitely one of my favorites now.

"“You are everything good in my life. Even when I thought all I had was the darkness, you were there. And you gave me something to live for. I couldn’t let you go. No matter how hard I tried. I know now that’s because to lose you would be losing the very best part of myself.” I opened my eyes to see Clay staring back at me, tears sliding down his face. He leaned in and his lips a whisper as they closed in.
“I love you, Maggie. More than you could ever possibly understand.” "

And i am sad that the journey of Maggie and Clay is over... Because it will never be over for me... And the ending of this book was so beautiful....

This is a story of redemption, of bravery and of love...

[insert dramatic music]



And the life gives us a question...would you live with someone who is mentally unstable? Would you love a person who suffers from it? Even if that person is someone you fell in love with?

“It the rune Uruz. It’s for healing, endurance, courage. I found it in one of the books Ruby gave me a few weeks back. It just, I don’t know, made sense. I like what it stands for.”


CHARACTERS:


Maggie:

“I don’t want to wake up ten years from now regretting that I let this slip through my fingers. I don’t want to waste another moment without you in my life"

Maggie struggles to do what is right for her life... She can't stop loving Clay and she can't move on, even when he told her to do it. She knows he is lying, and she believes it, but then again, she starts to doubt it. She was always there for him, always and forever, she was and is his ever living support, his life, his happiness, every part of his being. And she can't stop loving him, no matter what happens. She is so brave, so wonderful, that even i can't help but love Maggie.

Clay:

"For a guy who struggled with finding his place in the world, standing next to Maggie, I understood one thing on a very fundamental level. Wherever she went, whatever she did, that is where I belonged."

Clay...So broken, so destroyed, but he is slowly recovering and healing... He looked beyond what he saw, he saw that maybe, just a little maybe, there is a possibility for him to have a normal life... Maggie is his life...and he really depends on her. She had shown him that in every darkness there is light... And now she has become his light. And because of her, he wants to change.

And then again...there were scenes like this:



OTHER CHARACTERS:

Clay's parents => The worst people i have ever read about...
Rachel & Daniel => cuteness.
Ruby & Lisa => oh my god...beautiful and wonderful people...
Maria & Jake => shoo shoo shooooooooo!!!! ( i don't need you two around)

OVERALL:


I cannot describe how much i love this series...Story about Maggie and Clay ended, but i won't forget about them... But i am really really sad that there won't be more :(

Fantastic work Meredith Walters. You are amazing!






MY REVIEW ON GOODREADS

You can also check out my wonderful co-blogger's review:

Georgia's Review

 

No comments:

Post a Comment