Thursday 25 April 2013

Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror, #3) by Karina Halle



With the Experiment in Terror show finding some success, amateur ghost hunters Perry Palomino and Dex Foray embark on their most terrifying investigation yet. 

A tiny, fog-shrouded island in the rough strait between British Columbia and Washington State has held a dark secret for decades: It was a former leper colony where over forty souls were left to rot, die and bury each other. 

Now a functioning campground, Perry and Dex spend an isolated weekend there to investigate potential hauntings but as the duo quickly find out, there is more to fear on D’Arcy Island than just ghosts.

 The island quickly pits partner against partner, spiraling the pair into madness that serves to destroy their sanity, their relationship and their very lives.
  • Genre: Paranormal, Horror, Supernatural, Mystery
  • Creatures: ghosts
  • Age: new adult, adult
  • Source: owned ebook 
  • Read from April 13 to 24, 2013
Buddy read continues with my adorable VILDA !

FINAL RATING: ★★★★★/★★★★★





“Red sky at morning, sailors take warning. Red sky at night, sailor’s delight”
NOW THIS DESERVES 5 SCARY STARS.

“In all of our experiences together, there always was that moment that I could have turned back and I never ever did. Even if it scared me to the core, to the very soul and fiber of my being, I still went forward into the unknown. Some may call that brave. I don't think I'd call it that. Stubborn beyond repair seemed more fitting.” 

Oh and this book - i have been warned that it was scary - but holly mother of aliens, this was terrifying in some parts O_o (well not for me as much as it was for characters). This time, it is also a question of sanity and trust. Perry and Dex literally crumble, fall apart, and break. I have never seen them this way before and it was kind of new perspective.... I felt so much while reading this book - i was angry, scared and i had a good laugh - so it makes DSM the best EIT book so far.


This time, Dex and Perry go to investigate the Chinese Leper colony island - this time there will be only two of them. Nobody goes on that island, it's cursed and it's terrifying.



And there is no  escape.


Perry and Dex both drastically change in this book, they need to trust each other more than ever......but what happens when its hard to believe?
“No. It’s always been like this. I know it has been. I feel like I can’t tell what’s a dream. What’s real. I’m going crazy. I have to be. What if all the world is inside of my head?”
 

MY REVIEW ON GOODREADS

You can also check out my wonderful co-blogger's review:

Georgia's Review

No comments:

Post a Comment