Wednesday 10 April 2013

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green



Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 13, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now.

Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too; post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault.

Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind.

  • Genre: Contemporary Romance, Realistic Fiction,  Death, Humor, Drama
  • Age: mature young adult
  • Source: owned ebook
  • Read on February 19, 2013

FINAL RATING: ★★★★★★/★★★★★

The Fault in Our Stars by *palnk



“Oh, I wouldn’t mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.”

I think i have made a mistake of reading this as soon as i have read Tell the wolves i'm home. Both of the books were such emotional roller coasters that i have finally broken down and sobbed whole night....But both of them are epically beautiful and strong novels which i would highly recommend to everyone!


The story is quite sad, as a reader, you prepare yourself - because you know in advance that the main character of this story - Hazel - is dying because of cancer. And yet, it strikes you hard in the chest until you are one mess of tears.



http://riddlemetom.tumblr.com


Meet our heroine Hazel Grace:

Hazel Grace TFIOS by *palnk




And the one who took even my heart - Augustus:



Augustus Sketch by *palnk


Their love is starcrossed. Their love is beautiful. Their love is tragic. They are doomed, but they love each other with all of their hearts.

So of course I tensed up when he touched me. To be with him was to hurt him—inevitably. And that’s what I’d felt as he reached for me: I’d felt as though I were committing an act of violence against him, because I was.

I just do not have any more words to express how deeply this book touched me. I can't stop thinking about it, or thinking about the characters. I loved Hazel,Augustus and Isaac ( do not worry, he is not a love competition, just their friend), their struggles, their hopes, their dreams. Do not despair though, this book has fun moments as well! One of my most favorite are watching of movie 300 which is my favorite movie of all time, and i couldn't help laughing on their comments! I think i will never stop loving this book.

And that's it...This book is just so wonderful that i can't even write a proper review...

TFIOS by *palnk


All of the artworks of TFIOS belong to palnk who is an awesome artist and who made such beautiful artworks of TFIOS. (and also used with permission, thank you palnk!)♥

No comments:

Post a Comment