Monday 3 June 2013

Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout



No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

  • Genre:Paranormal, Science fiction, Romance, Supernatural, Urban Fantasy
  • Creatures: Aliens
  • Age: mature young adult
  • Source: owned ebook
  • Read from June 01 to 02, 2013

FINAL RATING: ★★★★/★★★★★

“You really shouldn’t trust a soul in this game. Not when everyone has something to gain or lose.”

I am officially addicted to the Luxen race
... Like... It's like a drug, an effect, i don't know! And all i can think now is that i can't wait to see in which direction this story will go. Because, after everything, it never lost it's humor or action or awesomeness.

“I have the feeling we just made a deal with the devil, and he's going to come back and want our first-born child or something."
Daemon waggled his brows. "You want kids? Because you know, practice makes--"
"Shut up." I shook my head and started walking.”

I heart this book, and i have to say, these are getting better as the story goes. Opal is interesting and captivating addition to it's coolness :D But, i didn't give it 5 stars only because i predicted what would happen, and i didn't react the way i thought i would (there weren't many feelings involved actually).



● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

The story continues where Onyx left of.

With Dawson back ... And he is not going to stop until he gets Beth back. Even if it means killing or capturing himself in the process...

“I’m not trying to control you, Dawson. It’s never been about that, but you just got back from hell. We just got you back.”
“I’m still in hell,” Dawson replied. “And if you get in my way, I will drag you down with me.”

Daemon Black is scared ... He is scared of loosing Dawson again and he will not let him go again....

“I don’t know what to do,” he admitted, trailing the back of his knuckles down my throat, over the swell of my chest. My breath caught. “He won’t talk to me, and he barely talks to Dee.Most of the time, he’s locked up in his bedroom or out wandering in the woods. I follow him,and he knows.”

And he is scared of losing Katy as well... He loves her too much to let anything happen to her. And he won't risk her safety.

“I know you’re upset because you worry about me, but I’m not going to be the girl who sits at home and waits for the hero to wipe out the villains.”
“This isn’t a book,” he snapped.
“Well, duh—”
“No. You don’t get it.” He turned to me, furious. “This isn’t a paranormal fantasy or whatever the hell it is you read. There is no set plot or clear idea of where any of this is going. The enemies aren’t obvious. There are no guaranteed happy endings and you—” He lowered his head so we were eye level. “You are not a superhero, no matter what the hell you can do.”

Dee is devastated because of the loss she suffered and she changes for worse...

“We have to do something before someone else gets hurt.”
Matthew looked just as shocked. “Dee, we’re not—”
“Killers?” Her face flushed red and then paled. “We have killed before to protect ourselves!"

And Katy wants to do everything it takes to get things right again.

“And that’s because you’re good inside—you’ve always been and will be.” His hands slipped down my throat, to curve around my shoulders. “There is nothing you can say or do that will change that. So grieve what you had to do. Mourn it, but never, ever blame yourself for things that are beyond your control.”

So she agrees to help Dawson get Beth back...

Here was the problem. Dawson wouldn’t stop. Deep down, Daemon knew and understood why and would do the same thing. It was hypocritical to the umpteenth degree to demand someone else do otherwise. There had to be a compromise.
And there was one. “Let us help you.”

Enter Blake, who blackmails Daemon and Katy into helping him rescue Beth and Chris.

“Why in the world would we trust you?”
“You don’t have a choice.”

But never did they expect that nothing will ever be the same...

“There’s always tomorrow, right?”

And it will change their lives...

“Always?” I whispered.
His lips grazed mine. “Always.”




OVERALL:


Like i said before,this books get better as the story goes... If you still haven't read this series, i suggest you do, because it's wonderful and funny and sad at times, but really worth it.

Because things...will certainly become crazy from the next book.

P.s. lol, it's a spoiler free review O_O lol xDDDD

MY REVIEW ON GOODREADS


No comments:

Post a Comment