Wednesday 26 June 2013

Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7) by Karina Halle

It’s one thing to bring the woman you love back into your life. It’s another to try and keep her there. For Dex Foray, con­vinc­ing Perry Palomino to open her­self to their bur­geon­ing rela­tion­ship has been more chal­leng­ing than hunt­ing ghosts, bat­tling demons and stalk­ing Sasquatch com­bined. 

Add in the fact that the only way they can keep their Exper­i­ment in Ter­ror show run­ning is to take on a third part­ner in the form of the mys­te­ri­ous Max­imus Jacobs — all while inves­ti­gat­ing a sin­is­ter voodoo sect in New Orleans — and you’ve got the per­fect South­ern storm and a recipe for dis­as­ter.

 Luck­ily, Dex has never been one to back down, even when his life –and heart — are on the line.

Come Alive is told from Dex’s POV.

  • Genre: Horror, Paranormal Romance, Mystery, Suspense, Supernatural
  • Age: adult
  • Source: owned ebook 
  • Read from June 23 to 25, 2013

FINAL RATING: ★★★★★★/★★★★★



 ★★★★★Stars-and-Galaxies, Suns-and-Moons, Dex-Foray-you-make-my-soul-sing STARS★★★★★

 "You’re mine. And you’re mine alone. From now until the end of time."

Summer's, HELL, 2013's most anticipated release, hit me with awesomeness, deliciousness and DEXINESS. Yes, Dex Foray is a verb, noun and subject by himself! Crazy, funny, addictive and heart breaking, sinking, falling, drowning, good, wonderful, delicious, scary. Everything I hoped for... But I am sorry, I got ahead of myself; let's take it from the beginning.  

All began with paranormal and all leads straight back to it...

 
Dex & Perry amateur ghost-hunters, show runners, haunted and betrayed have survived ghosts, demons, Sasquatch, family, their own nightmares and fears, crippling emotions and a love that defines them. 
“That is life. Real life is grey.”
Now, returning from a horrible experience and Dex having laid his soul bare to Perry, they will travel to New Orleans with an unexpected and unwelcome chaperone. 

There, they will deal with a new kind of nightmare and a truth about destiny that will threaten their relationship. It will take more than courage and sarcasm to COME back ALIVE. It will take LOVE.

This book will take you for a wild ride, to Dex' chaos of a mind, making you falling deeper and deeper, irrevocably in love with the sexy beast, the beautiful bastard, the one and only DEX FORAY.

 






I can't possibly comment on everything that happens in 436 pages. I will tell you, that you will be scared shitless, not only because of the horror aspect of the story,

Voodoo
 

 freaking Zombies
 AND the expected ghosts
but also because of the injustice inflicted upon our favourite heroes. Fighting heaven and hell for the right to be together, when they just started to make sense. They can't have enough of each other and they can't take a break. Dex will have a hell of a decision to make and Perry will have to trust him enough to admit what she always tried to hide beneath stolen glances and heartbreak and trust him again with her heart.

*spoiler alert*
“I love you, I’ve loved you from the very start. And…sometimes I think I can’t possibly love you more. And then I do. You fill me up and break my own heart open, you know? It just creates more room. There is no limit. I love you, I love you, I love you and I’ll die saying it because I was born to feel it. I am in love with you, you wonderful, funny, handsome man.”
*end of spoiler*

I bow to the Brilliance that is Karina Halle. It take guts to pull through a series like that. But more, it takes passion to draw out these characters. 
To make us care for them, despair and cry along them. Fall in love with Dex, be best friends with Perry and I-kid-you-not, understand and sympathize with an auburn-haired snatchslinger . WOMAN, YOU ARE AMAZING!

A special mention, lots of love, hugs and kisses for an amazing buddy read to my bestest friends, awesome ladies and Dex afficionados:
KristaliaVildaJoanaDebra ♦ (it all started with them...)

and
FathimaDestiniGabbyCatarina ♦ (they joined us and the made the whole experience AMAZING!)

 
Click on the names for their reviews and if I forgot anyone, Dex stole my mind along my heart, so pm me and let me know!
 
Looking forward to an even awesomer buddy reading event, this Winter with Ashes to Ashes.

And we’re back to Perry’s POV for Experiment in Terror #8 Ashes to Ashes, coming Winter 2013.


 
You know me, I am a hardcore Dex fangirl but I kinda missed Perry's thoughts... 
So, YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

And let's not forget...

MY REVIEW ON GOODREADS

You can also check out my wonderful co-blogger's review:

Kristalia's Review

 

2 comments:

  1. You know I FREAKIN LOVE this review bestie ♥
    Oh and I did had loads of fun in our epic buddy read ... can't wait for the next one!
    Meanwhile, going to read some of Dex's lines and bash in all his glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hon!!! Thank you so much.... you are making be blush and sniff all over again!!
      Freaking love you! <3

      Delete