Sunday 26 May 2013

And With Madness Comes the Light (Experiment in Terror #6.5) by Karina Halle



The Man. The Mystery. The Madness.

Dex Foray has never been anyone’s fool – until he missed his chance for happiness with Perry Palomino. Broken and alone, Dex has no choice but to rise from the ashes Perry left behind and find his own path to redemption. But nothing in Dex’s life has ever come easily, especially when there’s a dark madness waiting in the wings.

Told from Dex’s POV, And With Madness Comes the Light is short story/novella that spans the time period from the end of Lying Season (Book #4) until the end of On Demon Wings (Book #5). If you were ever wondering what really happened to Dex while Perry was gone - his journey to Dex 2.0 - now is your chance.
  • Genre: Horror, Supernatural, Mystery, Paranormal Romance
  • Age:  adult
  • Source: owned ebook 
  • Read in February 2013

FINAL RATING: ★★★★★★/★★★★★


★ ★ ★ ★ ★GALAXY★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
Cracking the Foray code...  
"I'm just a girl, standing in front of Dex, basking in ALL his glory." - Georgia


And With Madness Comes the Light is Dex' side of the story... 

We all wondered what happened to our beloved Dex, after the catastrophic events in the end of Lying Season. How he survived, picked up the pieces and why in seven hells, he didn't show up sooner.


There was pain and then there was agony. Hello, agony. I’d been waiting for you. Finish me off. Please. 

To properly understand the sheer amount of feelings we go through, a little reminder of what we dealt with in Lying Season and On Demon Wings.


 



This book soothes you and enrages you, throws you deeper in love with the freaking amazing bastard and you can't help but root for him and grovel with him, as he is destroyed and left to pick up his soul piece by piece.

I wasn’t Dex Foray. I was just this emotion that was crumbling to the floor, holding onto the doorway like it was the last thread of my humanity.

The stubborn fool, opens his eyes to realise that he lost the one thing that mattered to him, the light in his existence... Perry.

“I love her, more than anyone should love anything. The kind of love that either fills you up or eats away at you. I love her at my own risk. I love her…dangerously.”

Love comes unexpectedly and when you lose it, you fight heaven and hell (literally) for it. And you may end up an unlike superhero. A white (in Dex' case more like grey) knight, that saves the damsel after condemning her...

Once again this novella from Dex' POV, proves how much awesome Karina Halle is. The alpha mentality, Dex' sarcastic and fucked up way of viewing himself, people and situations, flows naturally in this book. You live in his head and you hear his voice.
 
 
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO RESIST HIM??? 


 My new favourite author Karina Halle, conspires with his Majesty Declan "Dex" O'Shea Foray to create a wild ride of emotions...

*STOP LIVING YOUR LIVES UNAWARE!! READ THE EXPERIMENT IN TERROR SERIES, NOW*

bonus quote:

“You’re my light in all this madness, Perry,” I whispered, knowing she couldn’t hear me. “It all fades away when I’m with you. Everything fades until it’s just you and it’s just me. I’m Dex and you’re Perry and I love you. I won’t stop loving you, even when you won’t love me. I love you more than I can ever really tell you. I love you until the end.”  


 

MY REVIEW ON GOODREADS

 

No comments:

Post a Comment