Saturday 25 May 2013

On Demon Wings (Experiment in Terror #5) by Karina Halle



When the life you wanted has crumbled beneath your fingers, there’s nothing left to do but pick up the pieces and soldier on. You’ve done this before.

But what happens when you no longer feel like yourself anymore? When fires spontaneously start-up around you, when you hear growling coming from underneath your bed, and you no longer recognize your face in the mirror. What happens then?

Ghost-hunter Perry Palomino doesn’t have much time to find out. Now, the evil she used to hunt is a lot closer to home. It’s inside of her, taking over her life bit-by-terrifying bit, and there’s only one person who can help her.

If part of her doesn’t kill him first.
  • Genre: Paranormal Romance, Horror, Supernatural, Mystery
  • Age: mature young adult / adult
  • Source: owned ebook 
  • Read from February 17 to 18, 2013

FINAL RATING: ★★★★★/★★★★★


“You are in the Thin Veil, the Black Sunshine.”
5 HELL-literally Stars
Darkness consumes you. Darkness surrounds you. Don't be afraid of the darkness around you. Beware of the darkness in your soul. 
Karina Halle continues to amazes us, in the 5th installment of the freaking fantastic Experiment in Terror series. Once again her writing style draws you in the story, making you a witness and always reminding you that people and their actions are more horrible than anything paranormal. Yes, even demons. 
Gothic and twisted, haunted and full of despair this book chokes you with hopelessness and injustice. Always sarcastic, it makes you laugh when you want to cry. The sheer amount of information in this book will boggle your mind..


6 weeks after the events in Lying Season, Perry is not okay. Our favourite, feisty heroine is utterly defeated.

“Did I look like crap because I felt like crap, or did I feel like crap because I looked like crap? Ah, the mysteries of life.”
She lost Dex, her job and her mind in the progress. Her parents are against her and something sinister is coming for her, judging by growls under her bed and the whispers.  
*SPOILER ALERT*
“Sleeping with Dex, then being spurned by him (my best friend, the man I’d loved!) and having to cut him out of my life, the loss of friends and the show, the loss of my purpose, the depression that followed, the pains that plagued me, the bloody miscarriage, Abby following me here, ghosts terrorizing me, getting involved with Maximus, having my parents threaten me with more psychiatric treatment, thinking a demon wanted to possess my very soul.”*END OF SPOILER ALERT*
Her only rock, is her sister, but even she can't help her against supernatural forces, ultimate acts of betrayals, shocking revalations and devastating events. And ginger bastards...
Sorry for the interruption, but I need a minute...
Maximus I hated you in Red Fox. Now, I LOATHE you. You give all of us redheads a bad name... DIE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH!!!

Sorry... resuming...



Dex' absence in Perry's life is obvious. As is his glorious re-entry. To save the day. But Perry, maybe not. Not without gambling more than he bargained for.
 He is determined to make up for past mistakes and beg for a chance. For what he carelessly threw away, more than he knows.

“you, Perry, you deserve a lifetime of servitude. Eons of groveling.”

Charming, irresistible bastard...
 As I said, this book reveals a whole spectrum of characters and no one shines as much as Ada's little sister.. 15-year old Ada.

Not a kid anymore, she knows, she understands, she supports, she saves and she goes for the kill..

“Hey, Dex? You still with your floozy girlfriend?” 

Reading On Demon Wings, left me strangely satisfied. Yes it is another cliffie, but you can handle it. It answers your questions and solidifies your feelings for these heroes.

Anger
Despair 

Love

Now, it's time for a HUGE decision...
What to read next!

Old Blood? For the Crazy Clown Lady's story?

The Dex-Files? For a wild ride in my beloved Dex' mind?

Or Into the Hollow? Because the cliffhanger will kill me?

MY REVIEW ON GOODREADS

 Curious to find out what happened next? Well, I will grant you a hint.... I am really OCD when it comes to order! 

You can also check out my wonderful co-blogger's review:

Kristalia's Review

 


No comments:

Post a Comment