Tuesday 7 May 2013

Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1) by K.A. Tucker



Kacey Cleary’s whole life imploded four years ago in a drunk-driving accident. Now she’s working hard to bury the pieces left behind—all but one. Her little sister, Livie. Kacey can swallow the constant disapproval from her born-again aunt Darla over her self-destructive lifestyle; she can stop herself from going kick-boxer crazy on Uncle Raymond when he loses the girls’ college funds at a blackjack table. She just needs to keep it together until Livie is no longer a minor, and then they can get the hell out of Grand Rapids, Michigan.

But when Uncle Raymond slides into bed next to Livie one night, Kacey decides it’s time to run. Armed with two bus tickets and dreams of living near the coast, Kacey and Livie start their new lives in a Miami apartment complex, complete with a grumpy landlord, a pervert upstairs, and a neighbor with a stage name perfectly matched to her chosen “profession.”
But Kacey’s not worried. She can handle all of them. What she can’t handle is Trent Emerson in apartment 1D.

Kacey doesn’t want to feel. She doesn’t. It’s safer that way. For everyone. But sexy Trent finds a way into her numb heart, reigniting her ability to love again. She starts to believe that maybe she can leave the past where it belongs and start over. Maybe she’s not beyond repair.

But Kacey isn’t the only one who’s broken. Seemingly perfect Trent has an unforgiveable past of his own; one that, when discovered, will shatter Kacey’s newly constructed life and send her back into suffocating darkness.

  • Genre: Contemporary romance, Drama, Death
  • Age: New Adult
  • Source: owned ebook 
  • Read from March 06 to 08, 2013

FINAL RATING: ★★★★/★★★★★




Falling Angel by *ElenaKalis

“I want to make you smile. For real. Always. We’re going to go for dinners, and see movies, and walk on the beach. We’ll go hang-gliding, or bungee jumping, or whatever you want to do. Whatever makes you smile and laugh more.” His fingers toy with my bottom lip. “Let me make you smile.”

Wow. Wow. Wow. At first, i wasn't impressed with this book. I didn't connect with the main character - in fact, she pissed me off. I didn't find the story interesting, felt that it needed more, and wondered if it was going to continue being like it whole book. But then, the last 40% were mind blowing. I must admit - in the end i was impressed. Not to mention that i cried. I CRIED, while i thought it wouldn't make me :P


“You hate me, don’t you? You must hate me. I can’t help it. I’m broken.”
Trent squeezes me close to him. “I don’t hate you. I could never hate you. Give me your heart, Kacey. I’ll take everything that comes with it.”

First half of the book left me wondering - Why? Why did i start this book? Do i even like it? Do i like the Kacey? Do i like the story?

The answers i had in the end were like this:

Why? Why did i start this book?

-Because all of my friends loved it and i believe them.

Do i even like it?

-In the end, i did. I really did. It was heart breaking afterall. I didn't expect that kind of a plot twist, but it broke me down. And it broke Kacey down.

Do i like the Kacey?

-At first, she pissed me off. She was way to stubborn, she was annoying, she hurt people intentionally with words. But that is the way she coped. She lost her family, boyfriend and best friend in one night. And all that she had left was her sister. In the end, she changed, she forgave, she felt again. And i slowly connected to her again.

Do i like the story?

-Yes, yes, ten thousand times, YES! At first, it was just normal story - boy meets girl type. But the last 40% of it proved me wrong. It wasn't an ordinary story and it deserves attention, love and to be read.

CHARACTERS:


Kacey:

Fireworks by *fae-photography

Like i said before, i didn't like Kacey for the first half of the book. She was selfish, she hurt people, she destroyed herself. She thought that she was imposter. Kacey's imposter. After the incident, she was never the same. She doesn't want to feel anything. She is broken, inside and out. Or so she thought until she was made to feel again by Trent. She lets him in her life, slowly...but it pains her. Deeply. It broke her down into pieces, only to heal slowly, patiently, in time.

Trent:

I fell in love with him. He is a wonder. I loved him, despite everything that had happened. He is amazing, bright, funny, wonderful. Almost perfect. Except that he isn't perfect - he hides something, he hides his past. Just like Kacey does. He begins to fall in love in Kacey, her each move, each smile, her craziness.

Livie:

Livie was wonderful character. She was always there, holding Kacey whole, her only support, not allowing her shatter in pieces. She is funny, cute and adorable. I can't wait to find more about her in the next book.

Storm & Mia:

Storm and her daughter Mia were amazing characters. Storm is funny, crazy, works in a stripper club, falls in love eventually and is great friend and support to the two girls. I liked her so much :)

Others:

there were so many characters in this book who are amazing. Ben, Dan, everyone!


SERIOUS SPOILER SECTION, DON'T SAY LATER I DIDN'T WARN YOU:


I still can't believe who Trent actually is. His real name, given name, is Cole. The same Cole who gave his keys to his best friend, the same guy who then found out that he had lost everything - that his decision killed 6 people. He tries to cope with it, but he couldn't, after all, it's not easy. Until he got the idea of stalking Kacey for 2 years. He wanted to connect with her, so she could forgive him - for all he had done. She was his coping mechanism, if she didn't forgive him, he would probably go crazy or insane. I understand him, i really do. And i am glad that in the end, Kacey forgave him. He suffered so much, and he deserved to be happy, just as much as she did.

OVERALL:


Truly a beautiful book. I was left speechless in the end, and i don't regret reading this one. If you have guts to survive 50% of the book, then i highly recommend it :D 

MY REVIEW ON GOODREADS 


No comments:

Post a Comment