Sunday 26 May 2013

Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror #6) by Karina Halle



Perry Palomino has fought her demons – and won – but the battle is far from over. She’s now left broken and on her own, leaving behind her life and family in Portland to focus on giving Dex Foray – and the Experiment in Terror show – a second chance. 

But their past mistakes continue to tease and test their relationship, as does the wild and desolate terrain of the Canadian Rockies.

The snow-covered peaks and ravenous forests hide an urban legend too unbelievably frightening to be true and the only way the duo has a chance of surviving is if Perry can let in the very man who sent her to hell and back.
  • Genre: Horror, Supernatural, Mystery, Paranormal Romance
  • Age:  adult
  • Source: owned ebook 
  • Read from February 20 to 21, 2013

FINAL RATING: ★★★★★★/★★★★★


“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not a mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.”― Washington Irving


“Within your light, I lose the madness.”


5 there-are-not-enough-stars-in-the-sky STARS

No matter what happened, he was Dex and I was Perry and that combination only led to trouble. 

  
 Picking up immediately where On Demon Wings left us, Into the Hollow is the story of Dex and Perry picking up their pieces, defining their relationship, clarifying their feelings, straighten up misunderstandings and past hurts and decide what really matters. To lose yourself alone or love and lose yourself in each other...



 But Dex and Perry aren't normal. And being unique comes with a price. To see ghosts. Spirits unable to rest. With a grudge. And sometimes this means some extra abilities along the way...

“Who are you?” A beat. “I’m Dex,” he replied thickly. “You’re Dex 2.0. You’re different now.” 

After 5 haunted books these two deserved a rest. And they ventured to Canada to explore an urban legend. Because monsters aren't real. They couldn't have been more wrong... 

Deep in the Canadian Rockies they discover that ghosts may be easy to deal with.

But monsters and ghosts (yeap... they are here to stay and a particular ghost,  has a hell of a story to tell) aren't what it's so mind-blowing about this book.


There are also adorable llamas,

a helluva-lot feelings

and so much love.

Our beloved Perry is emotionally broken. She literally went through hell and lived to tell. She can't trust her parents and Dex' betrayal is still a raw bleeding wound. She won't gamble her heart again. She is on survival mode. In a freaking frustratingly delicious revearsal of roles, she is the "Dex" in this story.

Then he was running toward me and for a moment I thought maybe something was wrong and that I should run too. Then I thought maybe something was right and I should run anyway. 

 There aren't enough words to describe the awesomeness that is Dex. Completely, head over heels in love with him. He is a new man. He reborn from his ashes and emerged a WINNER. More sane, decisive, romantic, determined than ever. And he grovels... To claim what he foolishly tossed aside.
The other half of his soul, his destiny.

When I’m with you, I lose this darkness, this madness around me. The madness inside me. But I had to go mad to realize that. I had to lose you to know it.”

Into the Hollow resets the whole series, changing everything we knew just when we thought we had seen it all. The best of them all for me, it blew my mind and pierced my heart!!! 


Will Perry risk love again?
Will Dex ever manage repent for what he did?
Will these two hardheaded damaged fools, ever manage to be together??
Will they survive long enough to decide?



YOU MUST READ THIS SERIES

It messed with my social life, sleep, head and heart but I finished 6 books and 3 novellas in this series, in less than 2 weeks... I ADORED every moment!!

Come Alive comes out in June!!! Can't wait!
I'm also saving Dex' 2nd novella, And With Madness Comes the Light to read it later just to survive the withdrawal!! 

 


MY REVIEW ON GOODREADS




And because  this book was just too awesome.... here is my mini-review of the bonus scene "On Target".

I'm always up, for more Dex...




 LMAO!!!!!

You can enjoy it, here:
On Target~An Experiment in Terror Scene








No comments:

Post a Comment