Thursday 16 May 2013

The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa



My name is Meghan Chase. In less than twenty-four hours I'll be seventeen. Although technically, I won't actually be turning seventeen. I've been in the Nevernever too long. When you're in Faery, you don't age. So while a year has passed in the real world, age wise I'm probably only a few days older than when I went in.

In real life, I've changed so much I don't even recognise myself.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.
  • Genre: Fantasy, Contemporary,Urban fantasy, Magic, Paranormal, Romance, Supernatural
  • Creatures: faeries
  • Age: mature young adult
  • Source: owned ebook 
  • Read from May 12 to 15, 2013

FINAL RATING: ★★★★☆/★★★★★








So... how the hell do i start this review???? Lemme see:
A long, long, time ago, in a fae land not so far away, nevernever was under an attack... Nope, sounds like
"Weird Al" Yankovic's song
.... So um ...... lemme see.... i know! With an interview!!

The guest of this interview today is the book "The Iron Queen", for short IQ.


IQ: So let's start from the beginning, shall we?

ME: Sure :D

IQ: So, for starters, how do you feel about me?

ME: You were amusing, fun and lovely book, but i hated one thing about you, and your sisters The Iron Daughter and The Iron King. Which is the reason i gave you 4.5 stars... *sighs*

IQ: What could that possibly be?

ME: Meghan. Who else? At least i am finally free of her YAAAAAAY!!!!!



IQ: May i hear the reason why?

ME: Her unbearable and intolerable stupidity knows no bounds. She hurt both Ash and Puck and then it takes her a while to say i am sorry.

My poor babies were hurt and they always forgive her *rage*! Whyyyy???? Be men for once and be angry, like really angry at her!


IQ: ...

ME: Ain't i right?


IQ: Y-yes...but she got better through the book and especially towards the end?

ME: That's a debatable question.

But i did like her in the end. It was a brave thing to do.

IQ: Ouuuch. Anyway...what about Ash and Puck?

ME: I wanna hug Ash and tell him its all right. And now i finally know his true beautiful complicated i cannot even say it name: Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn! ♥

“You are my heart, my life, my entire existence."


But i seriously hope he wont ever change, become something i hate or whatever in the next book.


IQ: You know well i cannot answer that....

ME: Yep, i know. And Puck... I loved him... With all of his kick ass comments.

“I want her to be happy, and she's most happy with you. Maybe this will make up for... past mistakes." He shook his head and returned to his normal idiocy. "So, either you say, 'Sure, I'd love to have you along,' or you have a big bird dropping things on your head the whole trip.”

And he deserves his own happy ending too :D


IQ: I feel the same. There was this particular scene in the book where Meghan and Ash had Sex . How did you feel about it?

ME: Except Meghan being to young for it i was like this:


IQ: Interesting. In one word describe what you think of the story?

ME: Kick-ass.

IQ: *blushes* The Nevernever world is in danger from the Iron Fey...What did you think about the ending?

ME:


IQ: What about other characters?

ME: Grimalkin was awesome ♥ He is truly the true hero to the series. And i kind of have respect for Mab . But i kind of guessed halfway who the false king was...

ME: P.s. Now you can give me Ash and Puck and we can end this interview.

IQ: WHAT? You know i cant do that!??? *shock*

ME: Don't care, give them to me...now...

IQ: But that's not possible, they are fictional characters!

ME: You think i dont know that? You underestimate me book!

IQ: ...

ME: Whatever. At least i wont suffer from being in Meghan's head again. It's time to possess our dear Ice-boy's pretty brain *evil laugh*


IQ: You are crazy, you know that?

ME: Tell me something i don't know. I am leading interview with a book. *Sigh*



THAT'S ALL FOLKS.



OVERALL:


If Meghan was stronger character, i would have given these books five stars. I loved the story - many things happen and it was addicting and i enjoyed it so much. Off to the next book! ♥



MY REVIEW ON GOODREADS

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment